There are many ways to be involved in the AFH:
1. Take our housing survey! Links for the survey in both English and Spanish for people living in San Mateo County will be posted here through May 12.
Do you live in city of Daly City, San Mateo, South San Francisco, Redwood City or elsewhere in San Mateo County? If so, the community needs your help! The cities, County, Housing Authority of the County of San Mateo (HACSM) and the South San Francisco Housing Authority are conducting a study to better understand residents’ housing decisions and their experiences living, working or going to school in the region. Your answers to the Live San Mateo Survey will inform a regional assessment of fair housing and access to opportunity—the Assessment of Fair Housing. Survey topics include:
- In addition to the on-line links above in both English and Spanish, at the bottom of this web page, you can download paper versions of the survey (with pre-paid postage) in English, Spanish, Chinese and Tagalog
- Also at the bottom of the web page you can find flyers with additional info on the survey. These flyers can be posted throughout the community to encourage participation in the survey. The flyers are also availabe in English, Spanish, Chinese and Tagalog
2. Attend a community meeting! These open house events are currently being planned.
3. Participate in a public “conversation” about housing choice and access to opportunity. Here are a few events currently scheduled. Check back soon for more events.
Join a community meeting on June 17th to tell us your housing story and hear from other residents of San Mateo County about their housing decisions and experiences living, working, or going to school in the County. Everyone is welcome to attend either of these meetings!
What: North County Assessment of Fair Housing Community Meeting
Where: Gellert Park Clubhouse, 50 Wembley Drive, Daly City, 94015
When: Saturday, June 17, 10:00 am – 11:30 am
What: South County Assessment of Fair Housing Meeting
Where: Fair Oaks Community Center, 2600 Middlefield Road, Redwood City, 94063
When: Saturday, June 17, 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
At the bottom of the web page, you can find fliers with additional information on the June 17th community meetings in Daly City and Redwood City. These flyers can be posted throughout the community to encourage participation in the meetings. The flyers are available in English, Spanish, Chinese, and Tagalog
4. Attend the public hearing and participate in the public comment period. When the draft report is released, you can provide comments during the 30-day public review period in July 2017. Draft sections with instructions on how to comment on the draft will appear here.
In addition, we will be holding stakeholder focus groups throughout March with:
- Advocates (fair housing advocates, legal aid, affordable housing developers, private sector developers, social service agencies, real estate agents etc.)
- Residents (with disabilities, Hispanic residents with limited English proficiency, Filipino residents with limited English proficiency)
You can stay involved through emailing us your thoughts and comments about the study: firstname.lastname@example.org