Transfer Your Section 8 Voucher to San Mateo County (Port-In)

The Housing Authority of the County of San Mateo (HACSM) accepts active Section 8 participants who wish to transfer to San Mateo County from another Housing Authority. For those wishing to transfer into our jurisdiction, please contact your current Housing Authority to request portability to our Agency.

Section 8 Housing Voucher Program Guide

The program rules and regulations are determined at the federal level, by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and are administered locally by the Housing Authority of the County of San Mateo (HACSM). The Housing Authority hopes this brochure will answer most of your questions. Since federal, state, and local regulations change frequently, we encourage you to contact us for answers to specific questions.